Details of the 2017 Lecture Programme CLICK HERE
The 2016 Lord Renton lecture was given by The Rt Hon. the Lord Hope of Craighead KT on 28 November 2016. David Hope, having returned to the House of Lords after retiring from the Supreme Court, is the first former Law Lord to have been elected Convenor of the Crossbench Peers. In this lecture he traces the history of the Crossbenchers, the work that they do in the House and his functions as their Convenor. To read the text of his lecture “A View from the Crossbenches” click here.
The 2017 Lord Renton Lecture will be delivered by Sir John Laws on Monday, 13 November 2017.
New in the Library: Modern Statutory Interpretation. Lord Justice Sales.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Dyson, former Justice of the Supreme Court and currently Master of the Rolls, the head of the civil judiciary in England and Wales. Lord Justice Sales is the Chairman of the Council. For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events. Constitution of the Statute Law Society
The Statute Law Society is a registered Charity. No. 261226