Tuesday, 21 October 2014, 6pm
A Colloquium on the Use of Hybrid Bills in Parliament for Major Infrastructure Projects
Chair: Mr Justice Sales
Speakers: David Elvin QC, Liam Laurence Smyth,
Simon Ricketts, Angus Walker
For more details click here
Monday, 10 November 2014, 6pm
The Annual Lord Renton Lecture to be given by Sir Christopher Greenwood
To be held at IALS, London
STATUTE LAW REPEALS
Law Commission needs your input
Making Legislation Project,
with link to video series
on iTunes-U click here
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Dyson, former Justice of the Supreme Court and currently Master of the Rolls, the head of the civil judiciary in England and Wales. Mr Justice Sales is the Chairman. For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events. Constitution of the Statute Law Society
The Statute Law Society is a registered Charity. No. 261226