Monday, 29 February 2016 – 6pm
“A Recent Development in Statutory and Constitutional Interpretation in Australia”
Dr Christopher Walshaw
Central Queensland University
to register your interest in attending
to see details of other 2016 lectures
Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
Charles Clore House,
17 Russell Square,
London WC1B 5DR
Tickets not required.
“As if …. The Wonderland of Statutory Hypotheses”. To read the text of the 2015 Lord Renton lecture, given by the Rt Hon. the Lord Walker of Gestingthorpe go to the Library.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Dyson, former Justice of the Supreme Court and currently Master of the Rolls, the head of the civil judiciary in England and Wales. Lord Justice Sales is the Chairman of the Council. For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events. Constitution of the Statute Law Society
The Statute Law Society is a registered Charity. No. 261226