** LECTURES **
[Venue: Institute of Advanced Legal Studies,
Russell Square, London WC1B 5DR]
Monday, 17 March 2014
6 – 7 p.m.
“Dangerous Trends in Modern Legislation”
To see details of the SLS Lecture Programme click here
2013 LORD RENTON LECTURE
“Respect for law and sausages”
to read the text of the lecture delivered by Lord Pannick QC on 28 November
For details of this SLS
project, with link to video series
on iTunes-U click here
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current Chairman of the Society is Lord Dyson, former Justice of the Supreme Court and currently Master of the Rolls, the head of the civil judiciary in England and Wales. For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events. Constitution of the Statute Law Society
The Statute Law Society is a registered Charity. No. 261226